Detectives have charged a Rebels MC associate after a rifle, handgun, 10 replica pistols and more than $26,000 cash were seized during a joint-agency operation in the state’s north.
In January this year, detectives from the NSW Police Force and Australian Federal Police (AFP) – as part of the National Anti-Gangs Squad (NAGS) – received information relating to the unauthorised possession of firearms in Northern NSW.
Following extensive inquiries, NAGS investigators, with assistance from Strike Force Raptor, executed a search warrant at a home at Coffs Harbour from 6am today (Friday 12 February 2021).
During the search, officers seized a .22 calibre rifle, a handgun, an M4 replica rifle, 10 replica pistols and $26,140 cash.
All items will undergo further examination.
A 62-year-old man was arrested and taken to Coffs Harbour Police Station, where he was charged with 25 offences including;
- Possess unregistered firearm – pistol (x11),
- possess unauthorised firearm,
- not keep firearm safely – pistol,
- not keep firearm safely – not prohibited firearm/pistol,
- not keep firearm safely – prohibited firearm (x2),
- possess unauthorised prohibited firearm (x2),
- possess more than 3 unregistered firearms – 1 is prohibited/pistol,
- possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit (x5),
- deal with property proceeds of crime.
The man, who is a Rebels MC associate, appeared at Coffs Harbour Local Court today, where he was formally refused bail to reappear at the same court on Tuesday 13 April 2021.
Investigations are continuing.
Source: NSW Police