A further seven men have been charged following the execution of search warrants in country Victoria following the alleged criminal activities of the ‘Outlaws’ Outlaw Motorcycle Club (OMC).
Police located alleged stolen property, drugs, firearms and cash as they carried out search warrants at properties in Shepparton, Mooroopna, Kialla, Muckatah and Invergordan as part of the ongoing investigation.
Police from Taskforce Echo, Armed Crime Squad, Vehicle Crime Squad, Fugitive Taskforce, State Liquor Unit, and local police from eastern and western regions were involved in the operation.
Members of the Australian Federal Police National Anti Gangs Squad were also involved in the warrants.
The following charges apply in relation to the investigation.
• A 32-year-old man from Shepparton has been charged with traffic firearms, possess firearms, traffic amphetamine and possess precursor chemical.
• A 50-year-old Kialla man has been charged with prohibited person possess firearm, traffic amphetamine and cultivate cannabis.
The duo will appear at Shepparton Magistrates’ Court later today.
• A 59-year-old Invergordan man has been charged with cultivate cannabis, traffic cannabis, assault police and possess proceeds of crime.
• A 53-year-old Shepparton man has been charged with traffic and possess firearms.
• A 44-year-old man from Shepparton has been charged with possess amphetamine, cultivate cannabis and handle stolen goods.
• A 50-year-old Mooroopna man has been charged with traffic amphetamine, possess cannabis and possess proceeds of crime.
All four have been bailed to appear at Shepparton Magistrates’ Court on 23 March 2020.
• A 32-year-old Mooroopna man has been charged with prohibited person possessing firearm, possession of ammunition, possess steroids and possess prohibited weapon.
He has been bailed to appear at Shepparton Magistrates’ Court on 30 March 2020.
• A 64-year-old Ardmona man has been issued with a cannabis caution and a drug diversion for possession of cocaine.
A 62-year-old Mooroopna man was earlier charged with possess and traffic cannabis and possess controlled weapon and will appear at Shepparton Magistrates’ Court on 23 March 2020.
Further investigations will continue into liquor licensing offences in relation to contravening the liquor licensing act.
Source: Victoria Police