(Ottawa) — The Ottawa Police Service along with members from the Ontario Provincial Police Biker Enforcement Unit executed a search warrant at a residence in the east end of Ottawa on Friday, February 5th.
A large quantity of controlled substances along with drug packaging, scales, cell phones, a conducted energy weapon and outlaw motorcycle club paraphernalia items were seized.
Gregory KOTHONEN, 31 years old, of Ottawa has been charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime under $5000
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking x7
- Possession of a Schedule IV Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking x2
- Possession for the Purpose of Selling (Cannabis Act)
- Possession for the Purpose of Distributing (Cannabis Act)
Police do not reveal is the detainee a member of the motorcycle club or not as well as the name of motorcycle club which paraphernalia was found at the place of search.
Mr. Kothonen was released on an Undertaking with a court appearance scheduled at a later date.